In discussing the new RT Systems software for programming amateur radios, especially the newly-introduced Chinese handhelds, several of you have emailed me asking me what makes this software different from the free versions you can easily download from the web. Here's the answer: RT Systems new 4.5 version update of their extremely popular (and reliable) radio, programming software.
HERE'S WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.50
USB CABLE • NO MORE COM PORT SETUP!
- RT Systems USB cables make it easier to transfer data between the radio and the computer.
- Plug and go. Once the cable is attached, you’re ready to “Getting data from” or “Sending data to” the radio... without struggling to set up the com port!
- See for yourself just how easy setting up your radio can be. Click Getting Stared and relax as we show you how.
SHARE FILES WITH OTHERS, EVEN IF THE "OTHER" HAS A
DIFFERENT RADIO THAN YOURS!
- Share files with others. Transfer easily via e-mail, CD, or flash drive.
- The RT Systems Version 4 file for any radio can be opened with the RT Systems Version 4 Programmer for ANY radio.
- The “shared” file opens in a generic screen from which you copy the channel details to a file for your radio.
- With just a few mouse clicks, the other radio is programmed and ready to use.
OPEN SEVERAL FILES AT ONCE!
- Files can be for the same or different radios (Version 4 Programmer for each radio required).
- Different color tabs at the top of the screen let you see that several files are open. Simply click a tab to switch between the files.
- Split the screen to see more than one file at once. Click HERE to see how easily this is done.
NEW EDITING FEATURES
- Column editing with copy and paste. Change one. Copy it. Paste in the same column... once or repeatedly by highlighting several.
- Move-up or Move-Down to rearrange the order of the channels.
- Sort and Unsort.
- Copy and paste one or many channels. Select all to copy. Select only one to paste. Copied channels are pasted beginning with the selected channel.
- Copy within the same file or between files for different radios.
- Learn more about Copy and Paste with this 10-minute tutorial.
EASILY ENTER DETAILS FOR SPECIAL RADIO FUNCTIONS
- Learn more about D-Star setup using the built-in D-Star Calculator. The D-Star Calculator is part of the RT Systems Programmer for many Icom D-Star Radios. Check the Icom page on our site for a complete list of these radios
- Click D-Star Setup and relax, as we show you.
- Learn more about Hypermemories in the Yaesu FT-7800, FT-7900 and FT-8800 radios. Click Hypermemories and relax, as we show you.
What more info? Visit www.rtsystems.com.